Thursday 27 October 2011

Evercrossed by Elizabeth Chandler

It’s been a year since Ivy’s boyfriend, Tristan, died. They’ve both moved on—Tristan to the other side of the afterlife, and Ivy to sweet, dependable Will. Now Ivy’s heading to Cape Cod, hoping to leave the horror of last summer behind. She wants nothing more than to lie on the beach, sip lemonade, and hang out with her friends.
But then a car crash ends Ivy’s life.
As she floats to the beyond, looking down on the life she’s left behind, Tristan breathes life back into her with a passionate kiss. She wakes up in the hospital, surrounded by Will and her family, but all she can think about is the love that she lost.
But memories aren’t all that’s come back from the past. And this time, Ivy’s not sure love will be enough to save her.


 
 I was so disappointed by this book! I have put off reading it for a while now, because Kissed By An Angel was my favourite book for a long time, and I was worried that reading its sequel would put me off it. I'm a strong believer in the fact that certain books should not be added to - for example, the Hunger Games trilogy - if a fourth book was made, I don't think I'd read it, because the main story is done and dusted; it doesn't need adding to. This was the same as Kissed By An Angel - in the previous book, all loose ends were tied, and the story was finished. And this book - for me - had completely ruined the whole series. For a start, I used to love Ivy, and now she just annoys the heck out of me. I found that now she is too trusting, and half of her actions throughout the book are too unbelieveable to accept - surely a teenage girl of her age would have more sense? Obviously not. And again - the whole fling with Guy - it was obvious right from the start that he was either Tristan or Gregory, and how Guy and Ivy came about getting close was again, unbelieveable. And for another thing - I used to adore Will and Beth. Now I dislike both of them. They used to be sweet, kind, and always have Ivy's best interests at heart - now Will seems like an overly-protective and jealous boyfriend, and Beth seems like a jealous, clingy and difficult best friend. I really don't know what happened with this book - Chandler was one of my favourite authors, and there was only a hint of suspense and mystery to this book - and she is capable of so much more! Admittedly, it wasn't a completely terrible book - but it could be improved by far, and I really don't want to read the book that will ultimately come after this.
Rating:3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment