Wednesday 2 May 2012

Book of the Month: April

Although I have read loads of really different and interesting books this month, the book of the month for me is a no-brainer: It's Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini. Apart from Girl, Interrupted by Susanna Kaysen, I have never read a book that practically imitates my own thoughts, and I honestly felt like I was partly telling the story myself. I found it intriguing, and I couldn't put it down. For people who like fast-paced, constantly on-edge novels, you might find this dull - but for me, it was a real eye-opener to a lot of things I thought I understood but didn't.

If you've seen the film and liked it, read the book - I promise you that is is just as amazing if not more! (I saw 'just as' because I haven't watched it yet - I'm too scared it won't live up to my expectations; stupid, I know!)

No comments:

Post a Comment