Wednesday 4 July 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (#17)

 Waiting on Wednesday' is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


Fathomless (Fairytale Retellings, #3)This week, the book I am waiting on is Fathomless by Jackson Pearce. Fathomless is the third installment to the Fairytale Retellings series, and although I have yet to read Sweetly, the sequel, I do have it waiting on my shelf.

I'd had my eye on Sisters Red for quite a while before I actually got it - and I so wish I had bought it before! Pearce is an amazing writer, and I love the fact that these novels are present-day fairytales. I used to love these stories when I was younger, so it's nice to see that adaptation (and I'm especially excited about this one because it is an adaptation of The Little Mermaid, which I still love!). Since this is coming out on September 4th, just four days before my birthday, I am starting to hint to my mum that it'd be great if I had it as a present. Smooth huh? Here is the synopsis from Goodreads:


Celia Reynolds is the youngest in a set of triplets and the one with the least valuable power. Anne can see the future, and Jane can see the present, but all Celia can see is the past. And the past seems so insignificant -- until Celia meets Lo.


Lo doesn't know who she is. Or who she was. Once a human, she is now almost entirely a creature of the sea -- a nymph, an ocean girl, a mermaid -- all terms too pretty for the soulless monster she knows she's becoming. Lo clings to shreds of her former self, fighting to remember her past, even as she's tempted to embrace her dark immortality.


When a handsome boy named Jude falls off a pier and into the ocean, Celia and Lo work together to rescue him from the waves. The two form a friendship, but soon they find themselves competing for Jude's affection. Lo wants more than that, though. According to the ocean girls, there's only one way for Lo to earn back her humanity. She must persuade a mortal to love her . . . and steal his soul.


So what are you waiting on?

4 comments:

  1. I have heard so many great things about this series. I've been trying to read Sisters Red but it doesn't stay in my library long enough for me to get to lol Great pick!

    Check out my WoW here: Take Me Away...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, great blog! I'm a new follower and would love a follow back!

    Candace

    http://endlessdaysofbooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete