Wednesday 1 August 2012

Book of the Month: July

This month I have read so many great books, I honestly can't decide. I like to think of myself as a fair critic, and to give books a review and rating they deserve. So I'm pretty surprised that I've read a lot of books I've rated 5 stars - Vampire Academy, Starters, The Night Circus, All These Things I've Done, and Wither. Each of the books are completely different, ranging from vampires to criminals to magicians to dystopian futures. But even though I rated them all the same, the two that really stuck out for me were Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead, and The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. However, after consideration, I think I'm going to choose Vampire Academy - The Night Circus was amazing, but it did have it's slightly slow moments.

Although Vampire Academy has been out for years, I have only just recently come around to reading it, and I can't believe that it has taken me so long. The plot is imaginative and addictive, and the background story is so well thought through that it seems pretty realistic. I mean, after reading it, I could imagine that vampire's actually exist in the present world - we're just all too oblivious to notice it - and that is a pretty awesome skill for a writer to have. Whether you do or don't like vampires, I really recommend that you give this a series a try - if only this installment. I'm pretty certain that you will not regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment