Tuesday 1 January 2013

Book of the Month: December

This month has been really good, rating-wise - I rated every single read a four or above, which is a major rarity for me! I like to give honest reviews, including honest ratings, even if it goes against the flow of what most other reviewers believe. And all these reads deserved their four or five-star ratings, because they were brilliant. However, only two really really stuck out to me.

First of all, The Hobbit. In anticipation for the film, I decided to read the novel, and I was so pleasantly surprised. I have heard that whilst good, The Lord of the Rings is quite slow, and me and slow books do not go together. Luckily, I didn't find The Hobbit anything like that, and I was engaged in it right from the beginning. It is definitely a book I plan to reread in the future.

However, the novel that has to be book of the month is Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout. There was a lot of hype surrounding this read, and I was worried that I'd built myself up so much that I could only be disappointed. However, I loved it - is loved it even the right word? In my review, the only description I could use to sum up my feelings was 'amazeballs'. And it was amazeballs, totally - the characterization was fab, Daemon was great, the plot was thick, Daemon was great, the backstory was well pieced together, Daemon was great, it was aimed at book bloggers, and Daemon was great. What more do you want in a novel? I definitely recommend this book, especially for book reviewers - it will blow your socks off.

No comments:

Post a Comment