Monday 1 April 2013

Book of the Month: March

This month, I read a heck of a lot of request books - and I adored the majority of them! But for the first time ever (I think) nothing sparks a 5-star rating! Three came awfully close; Anna Dressed In Blood, Just One Day, and The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Night-Time, and I'm genuinely finding it difficult to choose! But I think it has got to be...

Just One Day. I was rereading my reviews, and I really was incredibly close to rating this one five stars. Forman has such a great talent for writing, and I think she's one of my favourite contemporary authors. Her characters, both male and female, are so easy to fall in love with, and her tales pick you up and don't let you back down - there is always a cliffhanger, always another question needing to be answered, but never in a bad way. With Forman's stories, I can always imagine the characters having a future and continuing on with their lives - they are never just letters on a page. If you live contemporary, you've really got to pick this up someday soon - I promise that you won't regret it! Here's to waiting for the sequel, Just One Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment