Saturday 1 June 2013

Book of the Month: May

Although I'm deep into my exam season, I actually managed to read 13 books this month! Unfortunately, there were quite a few 2 and 3 star ratings, and in the end there were only three books that really blew me away; Goddess by Josephine Angelini was the final instalment of the Starcrossed trilogy, and everything I wanted to happen did, and more; Speechless by Hannah Harrington completely captured my imagination, and I was engrossed from start to finish; and Fever by Lauren DeStefano, the sequel to the Chemical Gardens trilogy, where the author yet again drew me in with her gorgeous descriptions and ability to build realistic worlds.

Although I really enjoyed the other two, Speechless was the book for me. I've never read Saving June, so I didn't have any pre-existing expectations - but Speechless proved all the great reviews right; Harrington is an amazing writer, with an incredible ability to work her way into the mind of teenagers. This is one of the few books that once I've finished, I still think about weeks later. Harrington tackled some very modern, difficult issues, and I thought that altogether it was a brilliant read. Now all I've got to do is get my hands on Saving June.

No comments:

Post a Comment